Monday, November 10, 2008

Oven-baked sausages and balsamic tomatoes: Easy one pan dish !


You can love or hate the balsamic vinegar, I know, but I love it. I love the tangy taste and the intoxicated smell of it. The first time I taste the balsamic is when I had a chance to learn how to cook Italian food with my friend (oh, don’t ask me when it’s a long long time ago). The chef (who was the instructor) brought us the basket of bread with the balsamic vinegar and the extra virgin olive oil to dip the bread with. And it was the love at first bite, and I went to the supermarket and bought the bottle of it, that day.
Actually I didn’t mean to publish this recipe in my blog, as I told you that not everyone love the balsamic vinegar. But I got an e-mail from some reader (well I love to receive the opinion), who saw the name of this recipe in Garlic Butter Fan Tan Rolls, and she wanted to have the recipe. So, I think someone who didn’t write me an e-mail might want it too, ^ ^. This dish is very – very easy, because all you have to do is put everything into the oven dish and when the timer is beeping, you get the perfect meal. I serve this dish with the Garlic Butter Fan Tan Rolls, and they are great together. But you can serve it with any kinds of bread that you like; the juice on the pan is tangy and a bit salty (in good way, haha).


Oven-baked sausages and balsamic tomatoes
Serves 4


12
sausages (coarse-ground pork sausage)
6
garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2
red onions cut into thin wedges
1 tbs
olive oil
2 x 250g
cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup (60ml)
balsamic vinegar

Basil leaves (torn if large)

Bread , to serve



Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Toss the sausages, garlic and onion with the olive oil in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, then bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the sausages are golden.


Add the cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and toss together gently. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have started to break down and the sausages are cooked through.


Stir in basil leaves and serve with crusty bread to dip in the sauce.


Oven-baked sausages and balsamic tomatoes: Easy one pan dish !

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pook,

    Good idea...one pan dish is want I have been thinking of lately. Thanks for sharing once again such a easy and delicious dish.

    Btw, I have tagged you on on blog, have fun.

    Regards,
    Elin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pook, I love balsamic vinegar too. It was also love at first sight with the bread dipper. Thanks for sharing another way of using it instead on my boring salad. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pook,
    I came to your blog through someone's blog link. I found your blog very beautiful and lots of recipes. You also have those step by step guide, which is very useful. It must have taken you a lot of effort to put up all these so that others can benefit. Thank you very much for your sharing! I have added you to my link. Keep up your unselfish sharings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Elin.
    Thank you for tagging me!
    I rarely talk about myself, but i'm happy to do it ^ ^.

    Hi,a little about me.
    I'm so glad that you like it, for me I rarely use it on salad. ^ ^

    Hi, Passionate about baking
    It's my intention to share the recipe s, (and I have the reason to buy more book too).
    So happy that you like the how-to on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...