Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Financier: A bar of gold that you can eat!

Ok, it's not a real gold, but the shape and the golden color of this sweet resemble the gold, ^ ^. So this time let enjoy the taste of gold. The main flavor of the financier comes from the “Beurre noisette”, or the hazelnut butter (the smell of the burn butter really resemble the nut fragrance).

The base of the cake is almond powder and the egg white, so it is good way to use the leftover egg white too. I want to make this cake a long time ago, but I just can't find the financier mold. Until my friend brought them for me from Japan (well, I think you can find everything there, haha).
So, I made it as soon as I got the molds, the recipe came from the book name ..........  But I had some problem with the look, so I had to make them many time before it comes out like this. So, I suggest pouring the batter about 3/4 of the mold.

Financier
Makes about 18 pieces


130g
Egg white
130g
Caster sugar


50g
Cake flour
5g
Corn flour
50g
Almond powder
3g
Baking powder


130g
Salted butter



Melt the butter in the pan over low heat, until the milk solids sink to the bottom of the pan and begin to brown. Remove the pan from the heat and let the butter cool completely.(it’s called “Beurre noisette”)

Preheat the oven to 200°C
Sift the flour, almond powder, corn flour and baking powder together, set aside.

Mix the egg white and the sugar, just to combine.
Pour the flour mixture into the egg white, beat to combine, then pour the butter into the batter.
Mix until combine.

Generously butter 18 financier molds. Dust the molds with flour and tap out the excess.


Pass the batter through the sieve.
Pour the batter into the prepared molds, (about 25g/mold).
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

Financier: A bar of gold that you can eat!

10 comments:

  1. P, this looks really delicious and I am so amaze with all your gadgets. I bet your kitchen is a dream for all bakers. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. P, this looks really delicious and I am so amaze with all your gadgets. I bet your kitchen is a dream for all bakers. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ภาพสวยมากครับ
    เนื้อหาก็อัพเดทบ่อยดีนะครับ
    ถ้าซื้อลิงค์สักลิงค์ได้ไหมครับ
    5 $USD ได้ไหมครับ ผ่าน paypal
    อันนี้ครับ

    Fisher price rainforest jumperoo

    อยากให้ติดลิงค์แบบนี้เลยอะครับ
    ให้คำที่จะลิงค์ไปเป็นแบบนี้ Fisher price rainforest jumperoo ตาม url ด้านบนน่ะครับ

    mail มาที่นี่ก็ได้ครับ pukeyjung@yahoo.com

    ขอบคุณครับ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'm also looking for recipes to utilise my egg whites in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these using my mini donut trays. Is the texture supposed to be crispy on the outside and soft inside? I've not tried financiers before :P

    Can view pics here

    http://blessedhomemaker.blogspot.com/2009/04/financiers.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. When come out of the oven, it's crispy but it will softer when cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you pls advise where you bought the financier mould? Thank you! :)

    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made this just now, by the top rose up high , not flat like yours. How to make the top to be flat like yours?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you don't want it to rise, try stirring than whisk (or whisk very lightly).

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...